« Home | Orthopaedic surgery! » | Casting day » | ED's over! » | A WHOLE day at the hospital » | Rainy days » | Friday is a hint that the weekend is just around t... » | HI EVERYONE! »

My weekend (picture edition)

Saturday

One of our good friends, Khush, is leaving in a week for the UK to pursue his studies and so he organised a get-together for all his friends. The mood of the evening was comfortably joyful, catching up with friends over dinner, eventhough in reality the event marked something quite the opposite. [Here's Madeline, Micheal, Karen & moi]

Guess what I had for dinner? White & dark chocolate mousse hehe I know not much of a dinner but that was all I needed to keep me happy =) (very happy actually!).

[Happy ppl - Rochelle, Lesley, Sean with his big grin, & dear Maddie]

Oops, I realised that I don't even have pics of the man of the moment! Sorry Khush ;) soon soon.

Sean, Arthur, Karen & I couldn't stay long cos we were heading to 'something' we had been waiting all month for - to watch Russell Peters perform live! If you don't know who he is, where have you been?? He has got to be one of the best comedians ever =) and he was actually going to perform in Auckland and for one night only.

As expected, his show was great...totally new material which is always good, completely stand-up comedy meaning he picked on so many people in the audience! I was sitting up in the balcony so I knew I was safe *phew* but I spotted my friend, Balwinder, who was in the 3rd row from the stage and he told me after that he was scared s**t that he'd be picked on during the show haha lucky for him he wasn't.

You know what? 90% of the audience were Indians, like wow, it was definitely a statement saying "we represent!" *grin* all in support of their fellow Indian Russell =). And pick on them he did hehe especially with impersonations. He would include a line or two from his previous shows, like his chinese impersonation "Be a man, do the right thing". The crowd would go wild whenever we recognised one of these lines...and Russell had his reply ready - "You filthy downloaders," he said. That spurred the crowd even more and he laughed saying that only in his shows could you call the audience 'filthy' and they'd clap and cheer ;) so true hehe. He was able to keep us on our toes for 1.5 hours, fantastic show!

Sunday

I met up with Nadia, since she'd been away all week at Mata-Mata (ulu hehe) all week for her GP posting, and we indulged ourselves in some retail therapy =). There was definitely some lightening of our wallets but easing on the heart & soul after a demanding week *sigh*.

We later met up with Karen & Sean for a stint at the driving range! We're all basically complete beginners so from one person to the other, we didn't know what we were doing (!), but we had fun doing it anyway haha. A perfect way to end a perfect weekend spent with friends.