« Home | Friday is a hint that the weekend is just around t... » | HI EVERYONE! »

Rainy days

Winter brings with it cold cold winds and persistant rain, that sometimes you just feel like you wanna stay in. Not when it's the weekend tho! =) My Sat night was spent watching rugby on tv. To live in New Zealand - you cannot not like rugby...it would be a crime. With the rest of the world being consumed by World Cup fever, winter in New Zealand can only mean rugby aka All Blacks fever.

And Sat night was the match between the All Blacks and Ireland. Oh yes, I did mention rain didn't I? Cos that's what made the match a whole lot more interesting ;) Everywhere on the field players were slipping and sliding, not to mention the ball. Haha it's funny watching huge, mean-looking men falling about all over the field, making it look as if that's how rugby is played all the time.

The Irish were the underdogs, as probably every other team is claimed to be when up against the All Blacks, but the men in green put up a good fight with the final score at 27-17 to NZ. If ever any of you get to watch another Irish rugby match, watch out for Ronan O'Gara..he's the bomb hehe. (Sorry Fariz, just rugby talk). I have to say I'm pretty much warming up to the sport...as I said how can you live in NZ and not like rugby =)?

Not wanting to face the rain just yet on our walk home, Sean, Karen, Madeline and I decided to catch a movie since the cinema was just next to the restaurant. What better way to compliment the dark, dreary weather than a horror movie? Hehe. And that's how we came to watch 'The Omen'. Wow, that's the first good horror movie I've watched in a long time. You know of the story - how the 'antichrist' has taken the shape of a little boy. And man, did that little boy look freaky. Just as I was thinking that during the movie, Madeline leans over and says just the thing to make me laugh - "He looks constipated." Haha bless her for the distraction.
[Karen, Me, and Madeline attempting to warm ourselves up before the movie]

Sunday brought with it the joys of yum char lunch...yum yum yum! And the first day I wore a beanie out hehe jakun lah that I even took this picture, excuse the vain-ness yea? We went for yet another movie, as you can probably guess - yup, it was still raining out. I was slightly sceptical at the choice of 'The fast and the furious:Tokyo drift', since Paul Walker had been replaced with an actor with an unappealing Texan-drawl, but surprisingly it was pretty good. The main actor and his accent didn't annoy me too much hehe but the driving and stunts in the movie were fantastic! All those car fans out there, you gotta watch this movie.

So yup, there folks was my weekend - average it may seem, but still pretty enjoyable to me =).