« Home | A WHOLE day at the hospital » | Rainy days » | Friday is a hint that the weekend is just around t... » | HI EVERYONE! »

ED's over!

Sorry peeps, been absent for a while now I know...I was unfortunately hit with ED-itis (refer to previous blog). Although I wasn't required to work at the hospital everyday i.e. I was on shift work, that made it even worse cos it resulted in my biological clock being thrown off completely! Some days I'd work nights, others morning till the afternoon...I wasn't sleeping well *phew* it was just exhausting. Because of that I realised I didn't manage to enjoy working in the emergency department as much as I could have. Oh well, at least it's over and I have my next run (attachment) to look forward to =).

I do recall one funny moment tho that happened while on my ED run - I was partnered with Khairi, one of my fellow IMU friends, and since he lives at 'Flat 14' which is just down the road from where I'm staying (I stay at International House btw...IH for short hehe for future references yes?) , we would walk into town together to catch the train to the hospital.

One morning, when I got to our usual 'meeting spot', surprisingly Khairi wasn't there (as I'm usually the one that's late and not him hehe) and being on time for once I thought he might have slept in. Little did I know that my 'so-called friend' had already walked off without me! Aarggh and there I was waiting cluelessly cos I didn't realised he had texted to say that he had left. I knew I was going to miss my train and therefore end up being late for handover meeting (which we students had to attend as that's when the cases from the previous night are handed to the doctors taking over in the morning).

So there I was sulking all through my walk to town thinking 'How could Khairi not wait for me?'. Luckily, when I finally got on the train, it went exceptionally fast that not only did I arrive at the hospital just 5 mins late, I managed to make handover meeting as well *big sigh of relief*. After my *big sigh of relief*, I look around the room and notice 'eh, Khairi's not here'.

Suspiciously, he pops into the meeting room about 7 mins later. Only after the meeting did I manage to talk to him and he tells me, embarrased, "I fell asleep on the train...". He had woken up just as the train was pulling away from the hospital! And while waiting for the next train at the following stop, the train that I had been on arrived at his stop and he was thinking 'oh no, Saleena's arrived already...". Haha that was about the funniest thing I'd heared in a long time! With my smile of mock triumph I told him it'd be wise never to leave me behind again hehehe.