« Home | Celebrating Raya in Auckland » | Everyone loves weekends » | Gen Med » | M.I.A. » | Badminton » | Karaoke » | A little dedication » | Rainbows & presents » | My weekend (picture edition) » | Orthopaedic surgery! »

Let the EXAMS begin!

Just when everyone's packed up and about left...we trailing 4th yr Auckland Uni Medics are (finally) starting exams. After a restless night of non-sleep, taking an exam wasn't exactly high on my list of 'things-to-do'. Also considering the last major exam I sat for was when I was still at IMU (around July last yr), that + my night of non-sleep is not exactly how I'd wanna start this morning of all mornings.

And so us IH (international hse) ppl - Bal, Yewin & I, started our dreaded walk before the hour of 9, to Grafton campus for our exam venue. Cos not only did we have an exam to sit for at 915, but that our exam venue was not to be released till the morning itself. Chronic right? It wasn't such a big thing considering there are only so many lecture halls they can fit 160+ students into. But still chronic right? Something about bomb-threat scares or something. Do any of you guys experience the same thing at your unis? Cos I'm finding it quite the funny actually ;).

A stress-reliever presented itself in the form of Nadia this morning before the exam when she ran up to me exclaiming, "SAL, we're wearing the same top!" And sure enuf we were =). What a strange coincidence since we both got the tops from Msia and prob ages ago...HAHA. No, this is not where i insert a pic of us wearing the exact same top ;).

Getting to the point *drum roll* the exam was pretty ok =). A few past year q's here and there, and plus out Psych lecturer (for god knows what reason) decided to officially release the topics that were to be questioned for Psych in the exam just yesterday - good on him, and even better for us, considering the Psych section contributes the most marks *grin*. Other than the Opthalmology section (which i totally bombed btw), the exam was pretty good. *BIG sigh of relief*

Having been cooped up in my room for far too many days, it was nice to eat lunch out with my friends after. Even before our orders arrive, Nadia asks "Sal...what are you doing after?" "I was thinking of sleeping. Why?" "We were thinking of playing monopoly..." she said with a grin on her face. Since I'm the one who owns the monopoly board, you get the picture.

It felt just like old (non-exam stress) times, when Nadia, Eugene, Azri, Khairi and I would spend a lazy afternoon battling it out on the monopoly board =). A good end to a pretty good day.

Tomorrow is the 24th hee hee